DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer and cider industries
- Positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic outlook and attitude
- Prior bar/restaurant/taproom management and bartending experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and a love for working with people
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Can work independently and make quick decisions
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated personality
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to move cases and kegs (both empty and full), and operate a hand truck
COMPENSATION — $20 – $22 per hour, depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY — To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Ballard Taproom Weekend Lead’. DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2023
ABOUT BALE BREAKER BREWING COMPANY
Crafting fresh-off-the-farm brews from the middle of a hop field, Bale Breaker Brewing Company is a family-owned brewery located in the beautiful Yakima Valley. Backed by four generations of hop farming experience, Bale Breaker started in 2013 and has grown to become the fourth largest independent craft brewery in Washington with distribution in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. At our 30-barrel brewhouse in a 27,000 square foot facility in Yakima, we craft seven year-round canned beers, including the widely celebrated Topcutter IPA, and a diverse offering of seasonal beers in cans and on draft. We also have a 5-barrel pilot brewhouse, the Imagination Station, where we test and develop new recipes in Yakima, and a 7-barrel brewhouse at our taproom in Ballard to brew beers exclusively available in Seattle. To learn more about Bale Breaker, follow us on Instagram and Facebook or visit our website.
ABOUT YONDER CIDER
Best Enjoyed Anywhere. Yonder Cider was started to bring full-flavored, delicious cider to every occasion. Picked and pressed in Wenatchee, Washington – the heart of Apple Country – we create cider that’s as balanced, bright and complex as the land itself. Crafted using a blend of bittersweet cider apples and juicy dessert apples, our ciders are hardly simple, and never straightforward – but you can always count on them being interesting. Launched in August 2020, Yonder Cider is now available in 16-ounce cans and on draft throughout Washington and Oregon at your local grocery store, bottle shop or bar, and online at yondercider.com. Visit us in person at our Ballard taproom, boasting 16 taps of cider, a 6,000 square feet outdoor patio, firepits, food trucks and more. For more information, follow Yonder Cider on Instagram and Facebook (@yondercider).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.