This year, we partnered with Alaska Air Cargo to bring fresh hop beers to Alaska and Hawaii.
The week of September 5th wasn’t exactly a normal week for brewery co-owner Kevin Quinn. His itinerary looked a little something like this:
- Late Monday night- early Tuesday morning: help load Yakima Chief Hops trucks up with fresh hops from the family hop farm, Loftus Ranches. Then drive to Seattle to hop on a first thing in the morning flight to fly to Maui alongside the hops.
- Tuesday: Land in Maui and head to Maui Brewing Co. to assist in their first ever fresh hop brew day.
- Wednesday: Fly back to Seattle, drive home to Yakima.
- Thursday: help load Yakima Chief Hops trucks with MORE fresh hops.
- Friday: Back to Seattle, to fly to Anchorage. Same story – help the team at 49th State Brewing brew their first ever fresh hop beer.
- Saturday: Fly back to Seattle, drive back to Yakima, and catch up on sleep.